Static ball mastery drills like these are very important for the development of ball coordination and soccer skills.
Many ball control exercises are the basis for more complex soccer moves and techniques.
Master these and you will master the ball. When you master the ball, you master the game.
All you need for this soccer practice is a square meter on the lawn. You can train them even on the carpet in the living room.
Soccer coaches should incorporate these drills in their soccer training or warm-up time before a soccer game.
This drills builds on the Pull Push Laces (Static Ball Control Drills for U6-U7). The player jumps on the support foot while executing the drill.
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
1. Stand behind the ball (ball before right foot).
2. Reach for the ball with the ball of the right foot.
3. Pull the ball back.
4. At the same time:
a. Lift the foot of the ball to bring it in position to kick the ball.
b. Jump on the support foot.
5. Push the ball forward.
6. Jump on the support foot as soon as the ball is moving forward.
7. Continue steps 1-6.
Things to watch out for:
a. Don’t stand rigid on the legs but flex the knees a bit.
b. Stay in the rhythm. Jump after every action (pulling / pushing). In other terms, the player jumps two times on the support foot during one complete cycle.
c. Keep a straight line at all times.
d. Stay on the spot. Take advantage of the jumps to move the support foot to correct the position and/or to keep the balance.
Lars Schelfhout is born in February 2006 and lives in Belgium.
He started his football career rather late as a U9.
Our videos are tagged with an easy colour code scheme representing the skill level and/or suitable age group.
– Blue: Novice (U6-U7)
– Green: Easy (U8-U9)
– Yellow: Intermediate (U10-U11)
– Orange: Challenging (U12-U13)
– Red: Mastering (U14+)
New videos of 1v1 moves, dribbling drills, ball mastery exercises, … are released every week. Subscribe to this channel if you don’t want to miss them.
See all our videos and tutorials at:
Follow us on social media:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UltimateSoccerMovesCollection/
– Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Ultimatesoccermovescollection
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/USoccerMovesCol
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/USoccerMovesCol/
– Blogger: http://ultimatesoccermovescollection.blogspot.be/
– Tumblr: http://ultimatesoccermovescollection.tumblr.com/
– LiveJournal: http://usoccermovescol.livejournal.com/
– WordPress: https://ultimatesoccermovescollection.wordpress.com/
– TimeTrain by P C III by Pipe Choir Records is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
– Intro Prise Fire by Lino Rise