Dynamic ball control drills are a bridge between the static ball control drills (Coerver) and cones dribbling drills.
Incorporate these exercises in your soccer (football) training to sharpen your first touch skills and ball coordination.
You need a little more space for these ball coordination drills as you are moving forward and back.
Soccer coaches should incorporate these drills in their soccer training or warm-up time before a soccer game.
This drill is a combination of the Tip Touch Behind / Tip Chop (Dynamic Ball Control Drills for U10-U11) and the Tip Touch Take Stop (Laudrup / La Croquetta var.) (Dynamic Ball Control Drills for U8-U9).
When starting with the right foot:
(Switch left and right below when starting with the left foot)
1. Stand behind the ball.
2. Take the ball with the right foot.
3. At the same time:
a. Jump on the support foot (left) to move it in front of the ball and to let the ball pass behind the left foot.
b. Pull the ball behind the left foot by means of a turning motion of the tip of the right foot.
4. Pass on the ball to the right foot by putting the tip of the left foot on the top of the ball and making some kind of a twist movement of the foot.
5. Take the ball with the inside of the right foot.
6. Continue steps 2-5.
Things to watch out for:
a. Don’t pull the ball too wide behind the support foot. The ball should end up close to the support foot.
b. Pull hard enough to bring the ball in front.
c. Pull the ball wide from one foot to the other.
Lars Schelfhout is born in February 2006 and lives in Belgium.
He started his football career rather late as a U9.
Our videos are tagged with an easy colour code scheme representing the skill level and/or suitable age group.
– Blue: Novice (U6-U7)
– Green: Easy (U8-U9)
– Yellow: Intermediate (U10-U11)
– Orange: Challenging (U12-U13)
– Red: Mastering (U14+)
New videos of 1v1 moves, dribbling drills, ball mastery exercises, … are released every week. Subscribe to this channel if you don’t want to miss them.
See all our videos and tutorials at:
Follow us on social media:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UltimateSoccerMovesCollection/
– Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Ultimatesoccermovescollection
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/USoccerMovesCol
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/USoccerMovesCol/
– Blogger: http://ultimatesoccermovescollection.blogspot.be/
– Tumblr: http://ultimatesoccermovescollection.tumblr.com/
– LiveJournal: http://usoccermovescol.livejournal.com/
– WordPress: https://ultimatesoccermovescollection.wordpress.com/
– TimeTrain by P C III by Pipe Choir Records is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
– Intro Prise Fire by Lino Rise